In celebration of Orange Caramel’s recent comeback with ‘My Copycat’, and ASDaze’s new editorial segments, we’ve decided to put up a month-long Orange Caramel list just to all of you Playgirlz and Playboyz out there.
As we all know, Orange Caramel’s songs have been very popular in Korea considering the fact that they always come up with bizarre, quirky, refreshing and adorkable concepts that really peaks the interest and attention of not only the Korean citizens, but Korean celebrities and co-idols as well. That’s why, for this first week of Playlizt, we give you, 10 Kpop idols/celebrities covering Orange Caramel’s songs.
1. BTS (Bangtan Boys) – The cute boys of BTS namely V and Suga recorded a short clip for their Bangtan Bomb Youtube series, dancing to a portion of the dance from Catallena. Who wouldn’t be energized to look at their perfect and funny facial expressions below:
2. 2PM – Who could’ve thought that the three men of the hot and beastly idol group 2PM, Taecyeon, Wooyoung and Chansung could look adorable dancing to Orange Caramel’s Magic Girl wearing bright and colorful outfits which are relatively the same to what OC wore at their music video?
3. Milk Caramel (ZE:A’s Dongjun, Infinite’s Sungjong and U-KISS’ Dongho) – These three divas from their respective groups looking good in Orange Caramel outfits, performed Magic Girl very cutely.
4. Music Bank Caramel (Shinee’s Key, BEAST’s Gikwang and ZE:A’s Kwanghee) – Another set of three divas performed Magic Girl on Music Bank wearing Mickey Mouse-themed outfits.
5. SHINee – Jonghyun and Minho together with Jang Yoonjeong, they performed Magic Girl in a variety show.
6. Brown Eyed Girls – The charismatic girls of BEG, Miryo, Narsha and leader, Jea, performed Lipstick on one of their own concerts. Check out their 360-degree transformation here:
7. VIXX’s N and Jewelry’s Yewon (at Hotel King) – These two performed Catallena on the popular Korean drama, Hotel King (in which Jooyeon had a cameo for an episode or two). They are seen wearing the same cookie outfits Orange Caramel wore on their music video and live promotions.
8. Seho and Hong Soohyun (with Nana) – Nana’s co-roommate friends Seho and Soohyun, danced to Catallena with her on Seho’s successful fanmeeting in Taiwan.
9. NU’EST – Labelmate NU’EST, of course, is not excluded in this list. Wearing relatively the same outfits from Orange Caramel’s Lipstick era, Baekho, Aron and Ren, performed ‘Lipstick’ adorably in this short 53-second video.
10. Old Caramel (Jooyeon, Jung-ah and UEE) – Last, but not the least in our list, is our very own, OLD CARAMEL. The three After School unnies covered Orange Caramel’s ‘Magic Girl’. Who would’ve thought that at those age, they can still look adorable and charming? Check out their refreshing performance below:
Who artists do you think parodied Orange Caramel the best? Share your thoughts below! and do you know any other celebrities parodying Orange Caramel as well? Share their videos below in the comment section!🙂
Editorial written by Renzel for AfterSchoolDaze. Please take out with full credit.
Want to write for ASDaze? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!